Thursday, November 18, 2021

broadcaster


Broadcaster were a band from Minneapolis, I think. The postal code for their PO box was in that city, anyway. The only information I have on this band comes straight from their sole release, 1998's the epidemic of falling backwards. They played that particular strand of emo that sprang out of the mid-90s, based equally in the Dischord sound as what was happening with midwest emo. To me, they sound a lot like Texas Is The Reason, or a less melodic New End Original or Knapsack. At points, I am often reminded of Boys Life's first album.

The construction of the EP is interesting, a digipak featuring a blank white interior and a tiny booklet stapled to it. Besides the EP, they contributed a track to the great Atmosphere Only Gets You So Far compilation.









the epidemic of falling backwards + Compilation Track

4 comments:

  1. do you have anything by the band til seven years pass over him?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have their My Last Action EP and the Separation Anxiety LP.

      Delete
    2. any chance that i could convince you to post them?

      Delete
    3. I don't have any physical copies from that band so they won't be on the blog, but I'm more than happy to send you the files. You can reach me at anywayivebeenthere@gmail.com. Alternatively, my full collection is available on Soulseek.

      Delete