Monday, February 28, 2022

Latitude Blue

Latitude Blue were a band from the southwest of England, formed around the year 2000 and active to about 2007. They are primarily known for contributing a track to The Emo Diaries, Chapter Ten: The Hope I Hold Inside. They played a very polished version of indie rock with some influence taken from emo pop. According to their old website, they were finalists in a BBC Battle of the Bands, which makes sense. This is music that's aiming for the mainstream and the emo in it is only an influence, not up front and center.

The band's first release was Don't Lose Your Way, a three-song EP, in 2002. It was followed by their best-known and most available release, Searching For Perfect, in 2003. The subsequent year the band put out a split with Fell City Girl. Their last release was a self-titled EP in 2005. I've also included their track from The Emo Diaries as well as an MP3 that was given out to mailing list subscribers. Technically, the band did record more tracks than this, including a Jimmy Eat World cover of "Believe In What You Want." However, having strongly implied these are not of the greatest quality, the band's vocalist has made it clear he would prefer these not be part of the band's available discography, and I respect that. Not everyone gets to control their legacy.

Also, despite how it appears, I did not leave smears all over the artwork. For whatever reason, it's supposed to look that way.




2 comments:

  1. I always hated that artwork, looked like a deodorant or something....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The darker patches on the art definitely threw me off, I thought something was up with my copy before I looked at other images online

      Delete