Thursday, March 10, 2022

Before Today


This will be an unusually short post for two related reasons. The first is that the sole copy of this album I could find is disc only, so I have no album art save for the cover, which I sourced online. The second is that I know essentially nothing about this band due to reason one. Not helping matters at all, before Pierce The Veil was formed some of its members were in a band that was also called Before Today, and was active during the same time. This has muddied the waters to the point that liner notes were my best chance to learn something, and they just weren't available.

Before Today released one album, either in 2000 or 2001, called Urgency Sense. It's a mix of midwest emo and emo pop, similar to early The Get Up Kids or a band like Lost North Star or Christiansen.


No comments:

Post a Comment