Sunday, May 23, 2021

Filmmaker


I've written before about how every nation has its own Mineral. Filmmaker were a band from Canada, and while they are too emo pop to be considered that country's Mineral, they'll suffice until I discover who was actually the Canadian Mineral. Besides, they're a really good emo pop band.

Filmmaker know their way around a chorus, that's for sure. Between "Don't Speak, She Said" and "Sing To You," these guys have taken up some permanent real estate in the lizard part of my brain that loves catchy repetition. The Break This Fall EP is very strong, but I think the album edges it out, if only because of some excellent midwest emo influences shining through. I'm also a big fan of how the two releases work together, with the final track on An Invitation To An Accident reprising the chorus of the first track on the EP; I strongly suggest listening to the EP and LP back to back. 

Together, the 2001 EP and the 2002 LP comprise the majority of the band's discography, though there's a compilation track out there somewhere. I've also included a collection of songs that the band released through MP3.com, several of which were on a demo CDr.















Break This Fall + An Invitation To An Accident

Demos and Singles

No comments:

Post a Comment